Pixalytics respects your privacy and we pledge to handle your personal data fairly and legally. We are committed to being transparent about the data we collect about you, how we process it, and how we protect it. This notice explains this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personal information.
To contact us with a data protection query regarding the processing of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 Personal Information This Website Collects & Why We Collect It
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We do not collect any identity personal information of the users of this website. However, when someone visits www.playingwithdata.com, like most websites, we collect standard internet log data about the people using our site, to better understand how they use our site and help us understand how to improve its effectiveness for users.
There are two types of information we collect:
- Technical Data such as your geographic location, device, browser, operating system and your IP address.
- Usage Data such the pages that you visit within the site, how long you spend on each page and which onward links you click.
To gather this information we use third party services:
- com: Our website is built using the WordPress system and we use the standard WordPress service, known as JetPack, to collect anonymous information about user’s activity. For more information about how WordPress.com processes data, please see their privacy notice.
- iThemes Security: This plug-in is for WordPress which enables us to ensure the website is secure and protects it from fraudulent or illegal use. For more information about how they process data, please see their privacy notice.
We use the legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing the technical and usage information on the website.
3 Uploaded Data
The Secchi Disk App allows you to upload data to the www.playingwithdata.com website, however none of the information uploaded is personal data. You can find out more details about this in our Data Policy.
4 How is your personal data collected?
5 Disclosures and International Transfers of Your Personal Data
Pixalytics will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to anyone.
We will only disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, who are all based in the UK, where they need to know this information to administer the website;
- Our Service provider, based in the UK, who provides us with website development and administration support;
- Law or regulatory authorities where we have a legal requirement to do so.
We require everyone who has access to your personal data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We don’t transfer any identity personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For technical and usage data, we do use some providers based in the US and we may transfer data to them as they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data to countries within the EEA.
6 How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
7 Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8 Your legal rights
As an individual whose personal data is processed by Pixalytics you have these rights
- The right of access to the data we hold about you.
- The right to data rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to processing.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance and so would grateful if you contact us.
9 Third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
10 Contact Us
We have a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to verify, update or amend, delete or receive a copy of the information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. You should check back to this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This privacy notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018.